[daip] installing 31DEC01 problems

Patrick P. Murphy pmurphy at NRAO.EDU
Fri Feb 16 14:42:24 EST 2001

On Fri, 16 Feb 2001 10:36:08 -0700 (MST), "Deidre A. Hunter"
   <dah at lowell.edu> said:

> I am using the Install Wizard to install 31DEC01 on my Sun Ultra 1 running
> Solaris 5.7, also serving tortuga, a Sparc20. I got error messages about
> compiling F2PS etc. I went ahead with the script until it would have
> begun INSTEP2. I started the Wizard again, but got the same error messages.
> The error messages are attached in a file.

This is odd.  The .AIPSRC shows clearly that the compilers are expected to
be in /opt/SUNWspro/bin/ but the errors it shows:

> AipsWiz: Compiling F2PS...
> AipsWiz: Error: Failed to compile F2PS in
>                 /turtle/te/aips/31DEC01/SUL/SYSTEM/DAHOFFICE

gives absolutely no clue as to why.  Can you try this:

       cd /turtle/te/aips/31DEC01/SUL/SYSTEM/DAHOFFICE
       /opt/SUNWspro/bin/cc -o F2PS F2PS.c

and see what it says?  Obviously until you haev NEWEST, PP.EXE and the
like compiled and built, you can't go to INSTEP2.

> At the appropriate place in the script, I got a Secure Shell Key and
> saved it to /home/dah/.ssh/mnj and "chmod 0600 mnj" as directed.  I got
> an error message: "Failed to connect to authentication agent" the first
> time through the script

This is normal.  You were probably not running ssh-agent.  It does a
one-off "ssh-add -D" to make sure any agent has no identities cached.

> AipsWiz: Building the UNSHR program for SUL...
> AipsWiz: Error: Unable to compile the UNSHR program!
> AipsWiz: Error: Tried /opt/SUNWspro/bin/f77 -O -o UNSHR.SUL unshr.f
> AipsWiz: Error: in /turtle/te/aips/31DEC01/Y/SERVERS/XAS/

Same thing.  Until I see the errors from this or the F2PS etc. build
attempt, I can't tell what is causing it.

				- Pat
--
  Patrick P. Murphy, Ph.D.                   Division Head, CV Computing, NRAO
  Home: http://www.chien-noir.com/      Work: http://www.cv.nrao.edu/~pmurphy/