[daip] LWPLA

Patrick P. Murphy pmurphy at NRAO.EDU
Mon Feb 12 08:51:01 EST 2001

On Sun, 11 Feb 2001 15:40:01 -0700, Amy Mioduszewski
    <amiodusz at aoc.nrao.edu> said:

> I am having a problem with creating a ps file with LWPLA.
> Here are my inputs (snmaps is setenved to
> /export/home/beset/amy/supernovae/hydra_results/hydra_maps).

I know what the problem is, I think.  Notice the output:

> AIPS 1: OUTFILE    'snmaps:wrbub.feb95.ps                           '
  :
> LWPLA1: ZTXOP2: using translated file name =
> LWPLA1: ZTXOP2: /tmp/ZLWIO.a31252
> LWPLA1: ZLWIO: FORTRAN OPEN ERROR =    128 FOR PLOTTER FILE =
> LWPLA1: /export/home/beset/amy/supernovae/hydra_results/

That's exactly 48 characters.  And in LWPLA:

C      OUTFILE R(12)  Named file for Postscript output.

12 * 4 = ... LWPLA can't handle expanded names longer than 48.  ZTXOP2 can
merrily take 128-long filenames, however.

Looks like it might be a simple fix, but I haven't dug deeper than this
surface "grep".

				- Pat