[daip] Install woes...

Patrick P. Murphy pmurphy at NRAO.EDU
Fri Feb 9 13:15:45 EST 2001

On Thu, 8 Feb 2001 23:09:29 -0500 (EST), Kevin Marvel
   <marvel at supernova.aas.org> said:

> Pat,

> I finally found time to update my AIPS at home to 31DEC00 from
> the 15DEC99 version.  I got the files fine and began the install.
> The tarbal unpacked OK and two other steps seemed to go fine and
> I choked on the XAS make portion.

There is a known problem with the Makefile, but there's an easy
workaround.

> gcc -L/usr/X11R6/lib -O2 -m486 -D_BSD -DUSE_SHM xas.o image.o comm.o
>     cursor.o screen.o init.o colors.o catalog.o -lXext -lX11 -lm  -o xas
> [ -f /DATA4/aips/15APR99/LINUX/LOAD/XAS ] &&
                   ^^^^^^^

See anything wrong here?  The $AIPS_VERSION was incorrect in the
environment.  Check the 31DEC00/LINUX/LOAD area to see if you have XAS
(larger than zero bytes) there.  If it's not there, create a zero length
file in its place, make sure you have $CDTST pointing at 31DEC00, then

     cd $YSERV/XAS
     make clean
     make

and that should take care of it.

> Do you have a pat answer for this (no pun intended...!)  Once I get
> the latest version working I will happily move to MNJ updates...I
> have a DSL line at home so am always connected.

Cool.  Wish DSL came out to where I am, but the 3-miles-from-the-switch
requirement kills any chance I have.  Anyway, the MNJ is now using 31DEC01
(but you probably knew this).

				- Pat
--
  Patrick P. Murphy, Ph.D.                   Division Head, CV Computing, NRAO
  Home: http://www.chien-noir.com/      Work: http://www.cv.nrao.edu/~pmurphy/