[daip] GB037

Amy Mioduszewski amiodusz at aoc.nrao.edu
Thu Feb 8 18:57:45 EST 2001

Hi Richard!

I am back at NRAO in the AIPS group now.

> 1) One scan on 0300+470 (UT 317  06:09:00 to 317  06:19:00) inexplicably
>    emerges after FITLD with freqid=2, and a different frequency set-up.

This seems to have occurred during the correlator job generation
phase.  I have referred the problem to Barry Clark since it
probably arises from something odd in the station logs.

> 2) There are apparently (according to SNPLT) Tsys entries in the TY
>    table for MC and NT (for a brief period at the start of the experiment)
>    although my understanding is that "calibration transfer" cannot yet
>    be done for these stations
>
> 3) There are apparently (according to SNPLT) phase entries in the PC
>    table for MC, NT and WB (for a brief period at the start of the experiment)
>    which, as for (2) I don't believe.

I have looked at the first correlator job (21:00-23:00).  Indeed,
there are TY and PC records for MC, NT and WB, but there are not
any TY/PC records for HN, NL, and PT for the same time period.  Do
you see this as well?  What times do you have TY/PC entries for the
EVN stations?

> 4) The AN table lists WB as having an alt/az mount, although it is
>    equatorial.

The mount for WB was wrong in the database and was evidently fixed
last month.

> Now, our pragmatic solutions will be :
> 1) throw away the scan
> 2) throw away the TY, GC tables and go in with ANTAB
> 3) throw away the PC tables - and probably the pcals also
> 4) Run TABED to change the axis type (before CLCOR with PANG; this is
>    a polarisation experiment)
>
>From what I see, I think you should definitely toss the tables
and reload using ANTAB.

> However, the whole thing leaves the impression that something has
> gone wrong somewhere during the correlation of GB037. Can
> you enlighten us ?

I think the _correlation_ is probably O.K. there just might be
something wrong with how the tables were generated.  Your problems
(1) and (4) seem to be unrelated to the table problems.

Cheers,

Amy