[daip] solve for a complex band pass

Z.-Q. Shen zshen at vsop.isas.ac.jp
Fri Dec 28 01:18:49 EST 2001

Dear Eric Greisen,

Thank you very much for the explanations.

I did what you suggested on the inputs to BPASS and tried CPASS too.
It turns out that the low SNR signals worsen the complex bandpass
solution. I agree with you that the "ripples" seen in the plot are just
noise.

I also did the comparison between bandpass functions obtained from the
same xc and ac data but correlated with 16 spectral channel of an 8 MHz IF.
The complex bandpass solutions are not that "noisy", but still not that
satisfactory compared with the one from the ac data.

Now, I decided to take two steps in deciding a complex bandpass.
First, using ac data to solve for the amplitude part  and then solve for
the phase part only by using xc data and fixing the amplitude solution.
This can be done in CPASS.

I have another question regarding the normalization (BPASSPRM(10)
in both BPASS and CPASS) and auto-normalization (CPARM(8) in CPASS).
I didn't see any difference with and without auto-normalization in
the CPASS run. Will such normalization (auto-scale) have any effect
on the amplitude?

Thanks again,
Zhiqiang Shen