[daip] solve for a complex band pass

Z.-Q. Shen zshen at vsop.isas.ac.jp
Thu Dec 27 02:19:07 EST 2001

The inputs I used for the BPASS run are something like

calsour='NRAO530'
timer=0 (for all the scans)
docalib=1 (used for solving for the complex bandpass)
gainu=7 (including ACCOR and FRING, but not APCAL of amplitude calibration)
minamper=10
minphser=10
solint=0
bpassprm=1,1 (using ac data)    or,
bpassprm=0,1 (using xc data)
smooth=1,0

I also tried the single calibrator scan about 3 minutes, or restrict
the BPASS to the inner array (without SC,HN and MK), or cut some
edge channels. But unfortunately, the frequency-dependent amplitude
ripple in BP is still there.

  > >BPASS2 11:10:41 Antenna  1  IF  1  corr 2  had      2088 excess closure
errors

Do I understand correctly that the large number given above (2088)
tells you how bad the bandpass solution is? I suspect such a problem
may be common for the 43 GHz VLBA observations. This may be related
to the low SNR signal for each spectral channel at 43 GHz. Can you
comment on this?

I am wondering if there is any special smoothing function within the
freq band.

-Zhiqiang Shen