[daip] remote AIPS

Patrick P Murphy pmurphy at NRAO.EDU
Wed Dec 19 16:50:07 EST 2001

Hi Ed.  You wrote:

> I have a LInux machine with no monitor that has a working version of
> AIPS and a Solaris machine with a monitor that does not have AIPS
> installed.  I would like to run AIPS on the LInux machine and display
> the TV on the Solaris machine.

    aips tv=local

is almost certainly what you want ("local", not "localhost"; it's a
special keyword).  This will use Unix sockets, use whatever your DISPLAY
is set to (make sure it's right!), and run the XAS et al servers on the
Linux machine with the display on the Sun box.

		- Pat (no longer an AIP but helps out from time to time)
--
 Patrick P. Murphy, Ph.D.              Division Head, CV Computing, NRAO
 Home: http://www.chien-noir.com/    Work: http://www.nrao.edu/~pmurphy/