[daip] TV

Chadwick Young cyoung at astro.as.utexas.edu
Fri Aug 24 10:25:19 EDT 2001

I have recently installed the 31dec00 version of AIPS on a Sun with
Solaris 8.

When I start AIPS, the TV doesn't appear.  Then, when I try to load a FITS
image with TVALL, I get the following message:

>go tvall
ZSSSL2: tcp/ssslock NOT A SERVICE
AIPS 1: ZSSSLK: ERROR   2 ON LOCK
AIPS 1: ON LOCK ERROR    6 FROM ZSSSLK
AIPS 1: YTVOPN: TV LOCK OPEN ERROR      6
AIPS 1: TV OPEN ERROR      6

Any ideas about this?  As an addendum to this e-mail, I include the
startup messages.

Thanks,
Chad Young

START_AIPS: You seem to be at a workstation called peggysue
TVDEVS.SH: Starting TV servers on peggysue asynchronously
TVDEVS.SH:  - with Internet Sockets...
TVDEVS.SH: Starting TPMON daemons on PEGGYSUE asynchronously...
Starting up 31DEC00 AIPS with normal priority
Begin the one true AIPS number 1 (release of 31DEC00) at priority =   0
AIPS 1: You are assigned TV device/server   1
AIPS 1: You are assigned graphics device/server   1
AIPS 1: Enter user ID number
?STARTPMON: [PEGGYSUE] The FITS area (/home/peggy/cyoung/AIPS/FITS) is not
a directory!
STARTPMON: [PEGGYSUE] This area is needed by TPMON1 (for FITS disk access)
STARTPMON: [PEGGYSUE] Will NOT start any TPMON daemons.
1111
AIPS 1:                          31DEC00 AIPS:
AIPS 1:      Copyright (C) 1995-2000 Associated Universities, Inc.
AIPS 1:            AIPS comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY;
AIPS 1:                 for details, type HELP GNUGPL
AIPS 1: This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
AIPS 1: under certain conditions; type EXPLAIN GNUGPL for details.
AIPS 1: Previous session command-line history recovered.
AIPS 1: TAB-key completions enabled, type HELP READLINE for details.
AIPS 1: Recovered POPS environment from last exit
>XASERVERS: Start TV LOCK daemon TVSERV on peggysue
TVSERVER: could not get ssslock service by name: Invalid argument
TVSERVER: Check your /etc/services or NIS/YP map
XASERVERS: Start XAS on peggysue, DISPLAY :0.0
XAS: ** TrueColor FOUND!!!
XAS: Using screen width height 1142 800, max grey level 255
XAS: ***  Using shared memory option for speed ***
Shared memory id failure: Invalid argument
XASERVERS: Start graphics server TEKSRV on peggysue, DISPLAY :0.0
XASERVERS: Start message server MSGSRV on peggysue, DISPLAY :0.0