[daip] Can someone perhaps help with this?

Johan van der Walt johan at fskdjvdw.puk.ac.za
Tue Aug 14 09:41:18 EDT 2001

-------------- next part --------------
Johan

Can AIPS convert an image that is in galactic coordinates with the CAR
projection to an image in J2000 with TAN projection.  IRAF imcctran does
not recognise the CAR projection.  I've trying to get the NIR and MSX
images into the same coordinate system for direct comparision.

I can convert the NIR images to galactic but they have a TAN projection
and I don't know how much distortion there is between the two systems.
For your interest I am attaching a ps image with K band greyscale and MSX
A band countours.

Sharmila Goedhart
Hartebeesthoek Radio Astronomy Observatory
P O Box 443
Krugersdorp, 1740
South Africa
Tel: +27 (012) 326-0742