[daip] HST frequencies in Aips

david russell drussell at stsci.edu
Mon Apr 23 13:06:24 EDT 2001

Hi,
    I've loaded a number of HST images into aips and wish to use the COMB task
to produce a spectral index plot. I get the following message when I try to do
this

sophie> COMB 1: Task COMB   (release of 31DEC99) begins
sophie> COMB 1: COMBIN: input maps coincident on reduced subimage only
sophie> COMB 1: Create 3C273 S     .SPIX  .   1 (MA)  on disk  1  cno    8
sophie> COMB 1: PCOMBN: FREQUENCY AXIS NOT FOUND
sophie> COMB 1: Destroyed MA image file: catno=      8 disk= 1
sophie> COMB 1: Purports to die of UNNATURAL causes
sophie> COMB 1: sophie       31DEC99 TST: Cpu=       0.1  Real=       0

    How do I include frquency information in the image headers?

       Thanks
           David Russell
           Space Telescope Science Institute
           drussell at stsci.edu