[daip] "blew temp K!" ??

Chris Fassnacht cdf at stsci.edu
Wed Apr 18 12:20:15 EDT 2001

Dear AIP,

I'm trying to run a procedure that I've written on several data sets, by using
a loop, i.e.

   for i=27 to 92; getn i; monsplit; end

where monsplit is my procedure.  After running through ~15 files, I get the
following error message:

   AIPS 1: BLEW TEMP K!

What does this mean?

More information:
* The monsplit procedure basically runs SPLIT on the input data set and then
calls FITTP to write the split files to disk.

* I do run a loop with a scalar variable called "K" in it to check for the
sources in the data file.  I do this because I need the output files to have
specific names.  The loop uses TABGET to check the names of the sources.  Each
time the loop is run, it is re-initialized to have K=1 at the beginning.

* The error message is not data-set specific.  If I re-start my loop at the
data set which gave me the error, AIPS will happily run monscript on that set
and 10-15 more before it crashes again.

What am I doing wrong?  Any pointers would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

	Chris