[daip] aips_gripe

Eric Greisen egreisen at cv3.cv.nrao.edu
Tue Sep 26 18:38:51 EDT 2000

Lincoln Greenhill writes:
 > {19-SEP-2000 16:35:49}
 > {rgalp8       UN-REGISTERED!!!!!!!}
 > {   24  31DEC99  DEC}
 > {lincoln greenhill}
 > {cfa, cambridge, ma}
 > {1 617 495 7194}
 > {keyword='EXTYPE#' does not work in gethead if #>14. VLBA files can
 >  have 19 extensions.
 >   }
 > {Please enable keyword='EXTYPE#' in gethead for #>14.}
 > {greenhill at cfa.harvard.edu}
 > {GETHEAD supports EXTYPE and EXTVER from 1 through 50 in 31DEC99.
I could not find any error but did clean up the help file some.  Here
is some of the test:
>keyw = 'extype51'; geth; inp geth
AIPS 2: keyw = 'EXTYPE51'; geth; inp geth
AIPS 2: NUMBER SIZE
>inp geth
AIPS 2: GETHEAD:  Verb to read image header parameters into adverbs.
AIPS 2: Adverbs         Values            Comments
AIPS 2: ----------------------------------------------------------------
AIPS 2: USERID        0                    User ID.  0 => current user
AIPS 2:                                      32000 => any user
AIPS 2: INNAME     'MY2KM       '          Image name(name).
AIPS 2: INCLASS    'CALIB '                Image name(class).
AIPS 2: INSEQ         1                    Image name(seq. #). 0=>high
AIPS 2: INDISK        0                    Disk drive #. 0=>any
AIPS 2: KEYWORD    'EXTYPE51'              Name of header parameter.
AIPS 2:                                    See EXPLAIN GETHEAD for list.
AIPS 2:                Output:adverbs
AIPS 2: KEYVALUE      0           0        Value of a numeric parm. =
AIPS 2:                                    KEYVALUE(1) + KEYVALUE(2).
AIPS 2: KEYSTRNG   'HI              '      Value of a character-valued
AIPS 2:                                    parameter.
>keyw = 'extype50'; geth; inp geth
AIPS 2: GETHEAD:  Verb to read image header parameters into adverbs.
AIPS 2: Adverbs         Values            Comments
AIPS 2: ----------------------------------------------------------------
AIPS 2: USERID        0                    User ID.  0 => current user
AIPS 2:                                      32000 => any user
AIPS 2: INNAME     'MY2KM       '          Image name(name).
AIPS 2: INCLASS    'CALIB '                Image name(class).
AIPS 2: INSEQ         1                    Image name(seq. #). 0=>high
AIPS 2: INDISK        0                    Disk drive #. 0=>any
AIPS 2: KEYWORD    'EXTYPE50'              Name of header parameter.
AIPS 2:                                    See EXPLAIN GETHEAD for list.
AIPS 2:                Output:adverbs
AIPS 2: KEYVALUE      0           0        Value of a numeric parm. =
AIPS 2:                                    KEYVALUE(1) + KEYVALUE(2).
AIPS 2: KEYSTRNG   '                '      Value of a character-valued
AIPS 2:                                    parameter.

And another test on a vlb data set
AIPS 1: Coordinate equinox 2000.00
AIPS 1: Maximum version number of extension files of type HI is   1
AIPS 1: Maximum version number of extension files of type CL is   1
AIPS 1: Maximum version number of extension files of type AT is   1
AIPS 1: Maximum version number of extension files of type NX is   1
AIPS 1: Maximum version number of extension files of type IM is   1
AIPS 1: Maximum version number of extension files of type CT is   1
AIPS 1: Maximum version number of extension files of type MC is   1
AIPS 1: Maximum version number of extension files of type GC is   2
AIPS 1: Maximum version number of extension files of type TY is   2
AIPS 1: Maximum version number of extension files of type WX is   1
AIPS 1: Maximum version number of extension files of type PC is   2
AIPS 1: Maximum version number of extension files of type FQ is   1
AIPS 1: Maximum version number of extension files of type AN is   1
AIPS 1: Maximum version number of extension files of type SU is   1
AIPS 1: Maximum version number of extension files of type CQ is   1
AIPS 1: Maximum version number of extension files of type FG is   2
AIPS 1: Keyword = 'OLDRFQ  '  value =  1.65149000E+09
AIPS 1: Keyword = 'SUBARRAY'  value =            1
>keyw 'extype16' ; geth; type keystr
AIPS 1: 'FG              '
>keyw 'extver16' ; geth; type keyval
AIPS 1: (  1)        2           0

I even tried it on hominid (an alpha) and it works there too.

Eric