[daip] Re: AIPS Registration request

Patrick P. Murphy pmurphy at NRAO.EDU
Mon Sep 4 21:02:04 EDT 2000

David, I just wanted to clarify the situation.  You had asked:

> Is it possible yet to register for AIPS 31DEC99?

If you mean, is it possible to obtain tech support from NRAO for 31DEC99,
the answer of course is yes.  I don't believe we can require people to
register for support when our registration mechanism is currently broken.

I had been working for some time on getting the new install.pl script
("wizard") up and running.  That's now in testing.  My next job is to make
sure all aspects of registration work for 31DEC99.

I apologise for the delays in responding, but my time on AIPS is more
limited than it used to be (see .sig below) and the AIPS group itself is
now two members below what it was at the beginning of the year (we have a
position opening on the main AIPS page, contact us if you know of suitable
candidates!).

				- Pat
--
  Patrick P. Murphy, Ph.D.            Division Head, Charlottesville Computing
  (804) 296-0372, 296-0236                National Radio Astronomy Observatory