[daip] DBCON query

Eric Greisen egreisen at NRAO.EDU
Fri Oct 27 15:02:38 EDT 2000

David Titterington writes:
 > A user running DBCON to concatenate UV datasets reports the following
 > error message on the second of a set of operations (i.e. he has already
 > successfully concatenated two datasets and is adding a third):

 >   > many "Copied AN file" messages..
 >   > DBCON1: ZABORS: signal 11 received
 >   > DBCON1: ABORT!
 >
 > Can you say what usually generates this message..?
 >
 > We're running AIPS 31DEC99 maintained via a midnight job, under Solaris.

    This is a segmentation fault whatever that means.  I have searched
some basic man pages and all I found was that gunzip issues this fault
if the input has been corrupted.  I suspect that that may apply to one
of the input files - have you tried examining them with PRTUV, PRTAN,
etc.  Without more info - i.e. all headers, messages, etc there is
very little I can suggest.

Eric