[daip] question regarding FXPOL

ryan ransom ransom at polaris.phys.yorku.ca
Mon Oct 23 13:02:37 EDT 2000

Greetings,

I have a couple of questions regarding the AIPS task FXPOL.  The new
version writes a new file while fixing the image header as well as
fixing and/or copying some extension tables.  For some reason, at
least for my data set, the AT table was not appended to the new file.
Is the AT table important?  Is there a reason why the AT table would
be dropped?

Also, could you briefly state what the differences are between the new
version of FXPOL which writes a new file, and the old version which (I
believe) only updated the existing data file?  Can the new FXPOL write
the new file over the existing file so that extra disk space is not
required?

Thanks very much,
Ryan Ransom.