[daip] forwarded message from Eric Greisen

Eric Greisen egreisen at cv3.cv.nrao.edu
Thu Oct 12 14:26:58 EDT 2000

------- start of forwarded message (RFC 934 encapsulation) -------
From: Eric Greisen <egreisen at cv3.cv.nrao.edu>
To: David Titterington <djt at mrao.cam.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: [daip] 31DEC99 IMAGR problem
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 12:25:41 -0600

David Titterington writes:
 > A user running IMAGR in 31DEC99 AIPS, having just switched versions
 > from 15OCT99, finds that the new adverb ALLOKAY is not recognised,
 > and cannot be set:
 >
 > ------------
 > >task 'IMAGR'
 > >inp
 > AIPS 1: XPARM      *all 0                  Conv. function parms for x
 > AIPS 1: YPARM      *all 0                  Conv. function parms for y
 > AIPS 1: NITER         0                    Maximum # of Clean components
 > AIPS 1: BCOMP      *all 0                  Begin at BCOMP component
 > AIPS 1:                                    Specify for each field.
 > AIPS 1: MISSING ADVERB: TRY A 'COMPRESS' OR 'HELP NOADVERB' FOR INFO
 > AIPS 1: SYMBOL?       ALLOKAY
 >
 > >ALLOKAY 0
 > AIPS 1: SYMBOL?       ALLOKAY
 > ------------
 >
 > We've checked that we do have current versions of .EXE and .HLP files
 > for IMAGR under 31DEC99.  Is there a way of getting round this problem
 > without clearing the AIPS environment and starting again?

       The adverb ALLOKAY is missing from inside the user's vocabulary
(an array inside AIPS.EXE not IMAGR).  Did the user try either of the
suggestions?  COMPRESS should acquire the new vocabulary while
retaining all other adverb values.  If it does not then perhaps POPSGN
was not run in installation of 31DEC99.

Eric