[daip] VLACALIB problem

Jessica L. Rosenberg jrosenbe at casa.colorado.edu
Wed Oct 11 11:23:30 EDT 2000

Okay, so I am trying to run VLACALIB and am failing miserably. The
program is "dying of unnatural causes" and I can't figure out why. The
terminal shows the VLACALIB inputs and then:

AIPS 1: '!! SNVER=0 => GENERATING A NEW SN TABLE'
AIPS 1: User   20:   615 messages, oldest written 09-OCT-2000  14:50:01
AIPS 1: Deleted     24 messages
 Note: IEEE floating-point exception traps enabled:
    overflow;  division by zero;  invalid operation;
 Nonstandard floating-point mode enabled
 See the Numerical Computation Guide, ieee_handler(3M), ieee_sun(3M)
AIPS 1: Resumes
AIPS 1: RETURN CODE      4 RECEIVED: STOPPING

when it is run. The message window says:

tinsle> CALIB1: tinsley      15OCT99 TST: Cpu=       0.3  Real=       6
tinsle> CALIB1: Task CALIB  (release of 15OCT99) begins
tinsle> CALIB1: CALIB USING 20000721     . CH 0   .   1 DISK=  2 USID=  20
tinsle> CALIB1: Selecting the data
tinsle> CALIB1: Doing cal transfer mode with point model for each source
tinsle> CALIB1: This is not self-calibration
tinsle> CALIB1: Dividing data by source flux densities
tinsle> CALIB1: Determining solutions using amp-scalar averaging
tinsle> CALIB1: CATIO: CATBLK   1 IN USE, CAN'T WRITE
tinsle> CALIB1: TABINI: ERROR  4 CATALOGING FILE SN NO   6
tinsle> CALIB1: SNINI: ERROR INITIALIZING SOLUTION TABLE FOR WRIT
tinsle> CALIB1: Purports to die of UNNATURAL causes
tinsle> CALIB1: tinsley      15OCT99 TST: Cpu=       0.3  Real=       6

It appears to be unable to write the solution table, but I don't
understand why or what I can do to fix it. I appreciate your help.

					Thanks,
					Jessica

Jessica Rosenberg           CASA
phone:                      University of Colorado
fax: 303-492-7178           Boulder, CO  80309

e-mail: jrosenbe at casa.colorado.edu