[daip] AIPS

Eric Greisen egreisen at cv3.cv.nrao.edu
Mon Nov 20 18:12:28 EST 2000

Mercedes Esteves Filho writes:

 > a) does Aips task SKYVE only work with J2000.0 coordinates?

            SKYVE requires a DSS image as input - I just fixed it some
because it requires 41 DSS keywords from the history file and one is
now not there.

 > b) I've got a VLA image in B1950.0 coordinates and want to transform
 > into J2000.0 coordinates. I've tried to use REGRD
 >       but it doesn't seem to work. Any suggestions?

        Looking at the help file, REGRD certainly seems to be the task
to use.  In what way does it not work?  Can you send any error
messages etc etc?

   The verb EPOSWTCH changes the header well enough for non
astrometric work.