[daip] AIPS IMLOD?/FITLD?/else? bug report

Marian Soida soida at oa.uj.edu.pl
Sun Nov 19 13:24:28 EST 2000

Dear AIPS Authors,

I have installed the latest AIPS version at my home computer and
it seems it was partly spoiled since ver. 15OCT99 I have at work.
The problem is while using task SKYVE with DSS FITS - it complains:

SKYVE1: DSSIN: ERROR, TOO FEW PLATE PARAMETER CARDS.
SKYVE1: SKYINI: ERROR  1 GETTING PLATE PARAMETERS.
SKYVE1: ERROR  1 INITIATING SKYVE.

I try to trace out this problem and the problem is in reading
DSS FITS files into AIPS - the EQUINOX card is somehow missed
while reading and is not present in the history file.
I have tried reading DSS FITS files both with IMLOD and FITLD
with the same (bad) result. In ver. 15OCT99 it is going well.
I tried to compare sources for IMLOD, but they seem to be the same
in both versions so the problem is somwhere deeper.

Looking forward your reply,
--
							Marian Soida
Astronomical Observatory of Jagiellonian University	     *    *=     *