[daip] installing AIPS

clang at ocotillo.astro.umass.edu clang at ocotillo.astro.umass.edu
Wed Nov 15 12:12:39 EST 2000

Hi -

I am trying to install AIPS on my LINUX box at UMASS and I am running into
troubles with an initial step - wondered if you have some advice.

I downloaded both the tarball and the perl script, and then ran the perl
script. I confirmed that the tarball was the right file, and then I ran
into this error message:

Proceeding with 31DEC99 install/upgrade.  Please check:

-rwxrwxrwx 1 clang clang 33444593 Nov 15 11:23 /home/aips/31DEC99.tar.gz

that this is the file you want (should be >30 Mbytes)

         [You may also type B for back, or Q to Quit]

AipsWiz: ===> Proceed [Y/N, default Y]

AipsWiz: Error: AIPS 31DEC99 unpacked in /home/aips// AipsWiz: Error: but
I can no longer find it there!  Giving up.

AipsWiz: Install Wizard stopping.  Current settings saved in ~/.AIPSRC
AipsWiz: Abandoning ship!  Goodbye.
[clang at ocotillo aips]$

This is actually a re-install. I got rid of everything from the first time
around and was starting over. So, I know that this worked before...

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Cornelia Lang