[daip] 31DEC99 snedt, edita problem on linux

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Mon May 29 18:57:10 EDT 2000

Toney Minter writes:
 > I am running 31DEC99 on a linux machine.  I have tried to use both
 > SNEDT and EDITA.  They put the "data displays" on the tv screen and
 > they also put up the "DO ONE" fields in the lower left corner of the
 > tv screen.  However, they do not put the other two "input boxes" on
 > the tv screen on either side of the "data displays".  The task is
 > essentially hung at this point and I have to kill it to continue doing
 > anything.

       That is odd since it works for me on Linux.  The menu appears
in graphics plane 6.  Two things to try: (a) after it comes up, select
areas to the left and right of the data area (left mouse button) to
see if the highlight text for the menu appears and (b) after you have
killed it, try turning on the graphics planes from your aips:
   GRON 126
should show everything.

Eric