[daip] No locks available

Patrick P. Murphy pmurphy at NRAO.EDU
Fri May 26 10:52:10 EDT 2000

On Fri, 26 May 2000 09:27:22 +0200, Michael Lindqvist
   <michael at oso.chalmers.se> said:

> We are running AIPS from a LINUX server (SUSE 6.2, kernel 2.2.13) We
> have many clients (running LINUX) nfs mounting the AIPS (15OCT99/
> 31DEC99) distribution from the server.

> Recently, we have started to have "lock problems". It has been OK
> before.  Have you seen this before????

Yes.  It usually has to do with file locking and NFS.  If you don't
already, make sure both your clients and servers are configured with the
Kernel based NFS and NFSD systems.

> ZLOCK: No locks available
> ZDCHI1: ZERROR: ON FILE DA00:SPD000000;
> ZDCHI1: ZERROR: IN ZDAOPN ERRNO = 37 (No locks available)

It cannot put a POSIX lock on the file.  Check if both arvak and the
system serving NFS both have knfsd installed.

				- Pat
--
  Patrick P. Murphy, Ph.D.            Division Head, Charlottesville Computing
  (804) 296-0372, 296-0236                National Radio Astronomy Observatory