[daip] Re: 31DEC99 LINUX midnite job (fourier, 20000510)

Patrick P. Murphy pmurphy at NRAO.EDU
Tue May 9 14:33:03 EDT 2000

I'm a little concerned that this is not a good time.  You ran the job at
1:35am or so on Wednesday your time which is "tomorrow" for us (it's
Tuesday, 2:30pm local time as I write).  That means you will miss any
changes that occur here between now and midnight US/Eastern time!

The best time to run the midnight job is between 0500 and 1000 UT.  No
matter whether we're on Daylight Savings (Summer) time or not, this always
occurs during the early hours of the morning (midnight to 5am or 1am-6am)
when no sane (?!) NRAO AIPS programmer is going to try to check in code or
otherwise make RCS changes.

If I calculate right, this means you should run it between 3pm and 8pm
your time (UT+10).  I'd aim for 5pm as the optimum time.

				- Pat
--
  Patrick P. Murphy, Ph.D.            Division Head, Charlottesville Computing
  (804) 296-0372, 296-0236                National Radio Astronomy Observatory