[daip] Re: Where is the cross-correlation amplitude in VLBA data

Chris Flatters cflatter at aoc.nrao.edu
Tue May 9 11:15:50 EDT 2000

Jean-Francois Lestrade <lestrade at mehari.obspm.fr> writes:

>  Could you  tell me if the cross-correlation amplitudes of VLBI data are
>  in the SN table that one gets when running FRING ?. I use TBOUT to produce
>  SN table and see only real and Im fields that are the phase with amplitude
>  normalized to unity. There must be a way of accessing  the amplitude in an
>  ASCII format ?...

The real and imaginary fields in the SN table record a complex gain correction.
Since fringe fitting does not produce an amplitude correction for unaveraged
data, the gains from FRING have an amplitude of 1.0.

If you want the cross-correlation amplitudes as text then you have to apply
the corrections from FRING and use PRTUV or LISTR.

	Chris Flatters
	cflatter at nrao.edu