[daip] quick question

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Wed May 3 11:41:51 EDT 2000

Nick Seymour writes:

 > I wasn't sure if this was the correct address for this kind of problem:
 >
 > If I want to use IMAGR to do multiple fields (ie nfields > 1) to make
 > dirty images (later cleaned individually by APCLN) how crucial is it that
 > these fields don't overlap (as stated in 'explain imagr').

    If you are cleaning the fields individually with APCLN, then they
are being treated completely separately.  They may overlap in any way
you want.  The resultant Clean Components are not, however, usable as
a group for something like a run of CALIB, if any of the Cleaning
areas overlap.  BTW - I am not sure of the scientific validity of this
approach - sidelobes from one area appear in other areas and APCLN
will have to treat those sidelobes as sources while IMAGR will treat
them as sidelobes.