[daip] Curious error in SNSMO

Anuj Sarma sarma at jansky.pa.uky.edu
Mon May 1 14:07:01 EDT 2000

Hi,

I'm working on a VLBA dataset at the AOC. I'm trying to
run SNSMO to smooth an SN table. The inputs are given below:

AIPS 2: SNSMO     Task which smooths and filters Solution(SN) tables.
AIPS 2: Adverbs         Values            Comments
AIPS 2: ----------------------------------------------------------------
AIPS 2: INNAME     'BS74_PASS2  '          Input UV file name (name)
AIPS 2: INCLASS    'UVDATA'                Input UV file name (class)
AIPS 2: INSEQ         1                    Input UV file name (seq. #)
AIPS 2: INDISK        5                    Input UV file disk unit #
AIPS 2: SOURCES    *all ' '                Source list ' '=>all.
AIPS 2: SELBAND      -1                    Bandwidth to select (kHz)
AIPS 2: SELFREQ      -1                    Frequency to select (MHz)
AIPS 2: FREQID       -1                    Freq. ID to select, 0=>all
AIPS 2: BIF           0                    Lowest IF number 0=>all
AIPS 2: EIF           0                    Highest IF number 0=>all
AIPS 2: TIMERANG   *all 0                  Time range to use.
AIPS 2: ANTENNAS   *all 0                  Antennas to correct.
AIPS 2: SUBARRAY      0                    Subarray; 0 => 1.
AIPS 2: INTERPOL   'MWF '                  Smoothing function
AIPS 2: BPARM      *all 0                  Smoothing parameters
AIPS 2: DOBLANK       1                    Blanked value interpolation
AIPS 2: SMOTYPE    '    '                  Data to smooth
AIPS 2: CPARM         0.5         0        Range of allowed delays and
AIPS 2:               0           0        rates.
AIPS 2:               0           0.02     *rest 0
AIPS 2: INVERS        2                    Input SN table; 0=>highest
AIPS 2: OUTVERS       3                    Output SN table; 0=>new
AIPS 2: REFANT        4                    Reference antenna 0=>pick.
AIPS 2: BADDISK    *all 0                  Disks to avoid for scratch

When I run the task, I get the following error message:

SNSMO2: Task SNSMO  (release of 31DEC99) begins
SNSMO2: SNSMIN: UNKNOWN SMOOTHING CODE =
SNSMO2: Purports to die of UNNATURAL causes
SNSMO2: tigua        31DEC99 TST: Cpu=       0.0  Real=       0

Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong?

Thank you for your help.

Anuj
Anuj Pratim Sarma

Department of Physics & Astronomy
177, Chem-Phys Bldg.
University of Kentucky
Lexington KY 40506

****** Note New Address ************
Mailing Address :1608 University Court Apt. A-206
		 Lexington KY 40503

****** Note New Home # ************
Phone : Home-(606)323-2379
        Work-(606)257-5238