[daip] SOME PROGRESS!!

Johan van der Walt johan at fskdjvdw.puk.ac.za
Wed Mar 15 05:57:29 EST 2000

Pat,

Some progress since this morning's message. It turned out that I hadn't
had the X11 development files installed. Once I installed that I again
ran make. The error messages about not finding the header files were
gone. That's one step forward.

It appeared that the following source codes have been successfully
compiled: xas.c, image.c, comm.c, cursor.c, screen.c, init.c, colors.c,
catalog.c. The next step was to link all the object files with the
output going to xas (-o xas). Then the following came up:

[-f /home/aips/15OCT99/LINUX/LOAD/XAS] && mv
/home/aips/15OCT99/LINUX/LOAD/XAS (same path)/XAS.OLD
make *** [install] Error 1

What does this "Error 1" mean?

I then started AIPS again. The TV was not started again. The following
error messages came up:
/home/aips/15OCT99/SYSTEM/UNIX/XASERVERS: ./XAS No such file or directory.

and a bit further down (these are new messages)

ZERROR: ON FILE DA01: SGD1RM001.1RM
ZERROR: IN ZDAOPN ERRNO = 13 (permission denied)

Johan