[daip] Midnight Job

Chris Flatters cflatter at aoc.nrao.edu
Fri Jun 23 11:54:23 EDT 2000

> 	I have installed the 31DEC99 version on our Alpha station at the
> Bordeaux Observatory and I would like to run the midnight job. The
> update.pl script ran successfully so that I am waiting for you to give me
> further instructions.
> 	The ssh version available on www.ssh.fi is version 2, is it fine or
> must I absolutly find version 1 ?

You need Version 1.2.27. The URL is

ftp://ftp.ssh.com/pub/ssh/ssh-1.2.27.tar.gz

which you can also reach through the download link at the bottom of the
www.ssh.fi home page although you need to click through some extra layers
to get there.

The problem is that Charlottesville runs SSH 1.2.27 and SSH 2 clients
will not talk to it. If you want to talk to both SSH 1 and SSH 2 servers
then you need to install SSH 1.2.27 first and then install SSH 2.2.0.

	Chris Flatters
	cflatter at nrao.edu