[daip] test to see if all source data is flagged?

Eric Greisen egreisen at cv3.cv.nrao.edu
Thu Jun 8 16:54:27 EDT 2000

I would suggest making a copy of SPLIT that does not die if no data
are found.  I have just looked at SPLIT and cannot see any place where
it is supposed to die on a source having no data.  I judge by your
question that you have had it quit on you - what does it say and do?
Or, perhaps I should ask how you run it?  If you ask for 1 source at a
time, then I see where it could return a failure code.  At the end of
SPLTUV it says:

C                                       destroyed
      IRET = 1
      IF (SMILE) IRET = 0
      IF (IRET.NE.0) THEN
         MSGTXT = 'FAILED TO SELECT VALID DATA'
         CALL MSGWRT (9)
         END IF

and SMILE is true if there is 1 good copy of data for any
source/subarray.  Perhaps, you might want to change SPLIT - in a
personal copy - to set IRET=0 in all cases.

Eric