[daip] Midnight job

Patrick P. Murphy pmurphy at NRAO.EDU
Wed Jun 7 11:52:11 EDT 2000

On Wed, 7 Jun 2000 09:20:07 +0200 (CEST), Ylva Pihlstroem
   <ylva at oso.chalmers.se> said:

> I would like to run the Midnight job at my Linux box. I have just
> installed the AIPS 31DEC99 version, although I am not sure my
> registration request went off properly to you?

> So I would be grateful to have some help and instructions from you!

Are you aware that your colleague Michael Lindqvist is already running a
job on oden.oso.chalmers.se?  It might be more convenient to share his
installation if that's possible (via NFS) as he also has a Linux system.
Then you would not have to run the job at all.

Another alternative -- one that is a little tricky to set up -- is to run
a "slave" midnight job off his installation.  That way, you'd be copying
files from him instead of from all the way over here.

				- Pat
--
  Patrick P. Murphy, Ph.D.            Division Head, Charlottesville Computing
  (804) 296-0372, 296-0236                National Radio Astronomy Observatory