[daip] aips_gripe

Eric Greisen egreisen at NRAO.EDU
Tue Jul 25 19:59:01 EDT 2000

Martin Hardcastle writes:
 > {25-JUL-2000 15:37:20}
 > {scorpius     UN-REGISTERED!!!!!!!}
 > { 2500  31DEC99  SOL}
 > {Martin Hardcastle}
 > {m.hardcastle at bristol.ac.uk}
 > {+44 117 928 9051}
 > {Argh! Can we have the old behaviour of HGEOM wrt reference pixel back,
 >  please! It seems much more sensible to use the reference pixel of the
 >  template image as the default, given that HGEOM's main use is as a
 >  `make this image like that image' task. If people really want to transform
 >  the reference pixel to the new co-ordinate system, then let's have another
 >  option to HGEOM to do it... but the original behaviour should be the default.
 >   }
 > {I liked HGEOM the way it was!}
 > {m.hardcastle at bristol.ac.uk}
 > {It is still not entireley which incarnation you liked.  I have
changed OHGEO and HGEOM one last (I hope) time to use an additional
default.  If the IMSIZE and the ref pixel adverbs are all 0, then both
the IMSIZE and ref pixels are taken from image 2.  If IMSIZE is given
in any non zero way and the ref pixels are zero, then the ref pixels
are chosen to center the input image on the output image.  Of course,
if the ref pixels are given, then they are honored.  There was also a
bug in OHGEO's output header coordinates.}