[daip] FRING problem

B.Glenn Piner glenn at sgra.jpl.nasa.gov
Wed Jul 19 12:30:03 EDT 2000

Hello,

We are having problems running FRING in our group here at JPL.  Our midnight job
updated FRING last week.  When we tried to run FRING yesterday, it simply died
in the middle of running with no messages or explanations.  The last line to
appear in the MSGSRV is a standard FRING message, but the process is no longer
running on the system.  We tried several different time ranges and antenna
selections and the results were the same.  In each case it found solutions for
one or two solution intervals and then stopped.  This happened with the VSOP
Survey dataset vs02k (extracted from the VLBA observation code v022a).

Originally I thought this might be a problem with the dataset being corrupt but
this morning we tried FRINGing an old datset that we had fringed sucessfully
just 2 weeks ago (vs02g, extracted from v008b).  The same thing happened, this
time it stopped just after the message 'Selecting, editing, and calibrating the
data.'

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks,

Glenn Piner