[daip] Re: AIPS help

Leonia Kogan lkogan at aoc.nrao.edu
Fri Jul 7 10:33:45 EDT 2000

Dear Leonid Ivanovitch,

Welcome to AIPS.

It is my pleasure to help you, although the task VLBIN is very old one and
is not used practically now.

Anyway:
The task reaction is:

xray17> VLBIN1: VLBNAM: using translated file name =
xray17> VLBIN1: VLBNAM: /home/aips/MYVLBI//89_91.LST
xray17> VLBIN1: Opened file : MYVLBI:89_91.LST
xray17> VLBIN1: KEYIN: ERROR READING IN2FILE TEXT FILE

It indicates the problem is in your listing file: MYVLBI:89_91.LST.

The file has to be created in accordance of the HELP instructions:

>IN2FILE:
>     A separate external file MUST be created by the user (and
>text editor) containing the names of ALL stations used in the
>current VLB experiment. The station names are entered in quotes
>like this :
>STATIONS='NRAO','VLA','OVRO','FDVS','MPI','JDRLMKII',
>'OSO25','CRIMEA'
>When VLBIN starts up, it will list the stations it found in
>IN2FILE. A list of sources is also included in IN2FILE. These are
>the sources whose data you wish transfered into AIPS. Enter the
>source list like this :
>SOURCES='3C120','OJ287','NRAO150','3C273'
>Enter the delimited character at the end of the file, /.

Check the file. If you have a problem send me this file and I examine it.
Later I may need to have here the both files if you do not solve the problem.

Privet vsem

Leonia