[daip] Re: aips_gripe

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Sat Feb 26 18:11:34 EST 2000

K. Desai writes:
 > {24-FEB-2000 22:13:40}
 > {maruti       UN-REGISTERED!!!!!!!}
 > {   39  31DEC99  LINX}
 > {ketan}
 > {aoc}
 > {x7450}
 > {expert mode for EDITA now includes the ability to simultaneously display
 >  all IF/Pols.  When CROWDED is set, expert mode should come up with only
 >  flag 1 IF and flag 1 POL .  Also, manually changing to Flag 1 IF and to
 >  Flag 1 POL and then attempting to flag into a 'CROWDED' field [one with
 >  all IFs and Pols displayed] doesn't seem to work.  Points appear to be flagged
 >  but if you hit REPLOT, the 'FLAGGED' points reappear.

       Is it possible that 2 samples (say each pol) overlap?  This
will happen then - the 2 points plot as one, when you flag that 1 is
0'ed and a point put in a lower (less visible) graphics plane.  Then
on replot, the pol not flagged is plotted as yellow, the one flagged
as an invisible color below the yellow.  This is one of the gotchas in
a crowded plot that I think are unavoidable.  Perhaps the flag should
detect that there are 2 points there and flag both, but I think that
would be hard.