[daip] SPLAT funniness

Joseph Lazio lazio at rsd.nrl.navy.mil
Fri Dec 29 15:04:05 EST 2000

Hi,

I'm running 31DEC00.  I've been running the MNJ, and my version is
current upto late November or early December (whenever access was shut
down in preparation for the rollover).

I have a two-IF, P-band, single-source u-v data file.  It is the
output of FLGIT.  If I run SPLAT on it---with BCHAN=1, ECHAN=0, BIF=1,
and EIF=2---the visibility data in the second IF are clearly wrong.
They are measured in kiloJanskeys, but the data in the first IF look
reasonable (look like a resolved source with a flux density ~ 100
Jy).  If I SPLAT off the individual IFs, they look reasonable.  If I
set BCHAN=0, BIF=0, and EIF=0, the visibility data in both IFs look
reasonable.  If I set BIF=1, the visibility data are screwed up
again.

-- Joe

--
T. Joseph W. Lazio             voice: 1-202-404-6329
Remote Sensing Division,       fax:   1-202-404-8894
Naval Research Lab, Code 7213  email: lazio at rsd.nrl.navy.mil
Washington, DC 20375-5351 USA  Web:   http://rsd-www.nrl.navy.mil/7213/lazio/