[daip] aips tape mounts on pinon

Joan Wrobel jwrobel at aoc.nrao.edu
Fri Dec 22 10:27:04 EST 2000

My aips tape mounts on pinon, using 31dec01, fail with

>inp mount
AIPS 1: MOUNT:    Verb to software mount a tape
AIPS 1: Adverbs         Values            Comments
AIPS 1: ----------------------------------------------------------------
AIPS 1: INTAPE        1                    Tape unit # (0=> 1)
AIPS 1: DENSITY    6250                    Density to set on mount.
AIPS 1: REMHOST    *all ' '                   Remote computer name
AIPS 1: REMTAPE       1                    Remote tape drive number
>mount
AIPS 1: ZMOUN2: Couldn't open lock file /home/AIPS/DA00/PINON/TAPE1.lock
AIPS 1: ZERROR: IN ZMOUN2 ERRNO = 13 (Permission denied)
AIPS 1: TAPE PROBLEM

Killing the aips window and trying again did not work.

Booting pinon and trying again did not work.

I'm not sure if this is an aips thing or a systems thing.

Thanks & cheers,
Joan