[daip] AIPS on Miranda --- Disk error

Mark Claussen mclausse at aoc.nrao.edu
Mon Dec 18 11:18:14 EST 2000

On Sunday I was at the VLA and tried running AIPS
on miranda.  I got the following message on startup:

AIPS 1:                          31DEC01 AIPS:
AIPS 1:      Copyright (C) 1995-2000 Associated Universities, Inc.
AIPS 1:            AIPS comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY;
AIPS 1:                 for details, type HELP GNUGPL
AIPS 1: This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
AIPS 1: under certain conditions; type EXPLAIN GNUGPL for details.
AIPS 1: ZOPEN: FILE TSTMEM:MED000000;        NOT FOUND
AIPS 1: Previous session command-line history recovered.
AIPS 1: TAB-key completions enabled, type HELP READLINE for details.
AIPS 1: DISK PROBLEM   CODES:       2      0
>exit
AIPS 1: SYMBOL?       EXIT

As you can see, POPS is hosed.  I tried this again this
morning and got the same message.  I guess it's possible
that this is a hardware problem.  We did not try rebooting
the machine.  Maybe the operator should do so.

Mark Claussen