[daip] not able to start aips

Eric Greisen egreisen at NRAO.EDU
Sat Dec 16 10:14:46 EST 2000

Ketan Desai writes:

 > I have been trying to start aips on ohsumi to examine some data
 > that has been left for me by Kumar.  For some reason, I cannot
 > start aips there.  The error message mentions a missing PWD file
 > in DA00.  Indeed, there is no PWD* file in /AIPS/DA00 .  What is
 > going on?  I tried starting up aips on zuni as well but with no
 > success there either [same type of error message.]

I am trying to overhaul the extreme mess that the AOC setup has
become.  There were 3 copies of the aips code, there were data areas
constructed under all sorts of contrary systems, there were
non-existent computers clogging the lists etc etc etc

In the case of ohsumi, the data area was linked to the ultimate data
area already and so was caught up in my upgrade.  It should now work.

Eric