[daip] Re: shared memory

Patrick P. Murphy pmurphy at NRAO.EDU
Wed Dec 13 16:59:59 EST 2000

On Wed, 13 Dec 2000 16:45:30 -0500 (EST), aips at loki.njit.edu said:

> Hellow, I have just installed AIPS on our system and am looking for some
> help with TV window set up.  I emailed my REGISTER.INFO about four hours
> ago.

> When I start AIPS there comes up an error msg:

> 	"Shared memory id failure: Invalid argument"

> I followed the instruction on the web to add three lines to
> /etc/systems which looks like:

> * To resolve an AIPS problem: "Shared Memory id failure"
> * set shmsys:shminfo_shmmax=8388608
> set ufs:ufs_HW=6291456
> set ufs:ufs_LW=4194304
> set priority_paging=1

Did you notice that the "set shmsys" line is commented out?  The other
three lines relate to high water marking for disk access and swapping, not
the shared memory maximum.

				- Pat
--
  Patrick P. Murphy, Ph.D.            Division Head, Charlottesville Computing
  (804) 296-0372, 296-0236                National Radio Astronomy Observatory