[daip] FITS document

Imai Hiroshi imai at miz.nao.ac.jp
Thu Aug 31 15:50:14 EDT 2000

Dear Sir AIPS staff members,

I acknowledge for your kind help for trouble shooting in AIPS
in many times.

I am now looking for the newest version of the document,
'FITS Format for Interferometry Data Interchange' written by
P.J. Diamond and D.C. Wells. I have the document released
on 1992 June 16, but need the newer version.

I am now participaing in NAOJ's VERA (VLBI Exploration of Radio
Astrometry) project. My major work in the project is to design
the software for high precision astrometry. Output of the VERA
array will be correlated using Mitaka FX correlator and later
coverted to FITS files to process in AIPS. However, several
information is not be transported in the FITS files nowadays
for high precision astrometry.

The above document is quite useful to us to understand what
kinds of information are needed or supported in FITS format
for VLBI data.

I am very glad if you kindly provide information about the
newer version of the above document.

Sincerely yours,

Hiroshi Imai

      Hiroshi Imai

      National Astronomical Observatory of Japan

      VERA Project Office,
        Tel: 81-422-34-3941, Fax: 81-422-34-3635
      Mizusawa Astrogeodynamics Observatory,
        Tel: 81-197-22-7143, Fax: 81-197-22-7120

       E-mail: imai at miz.nao.ac.jp