[daip] TVSERV

Andrew A. West west at bluemoon.astro.washington.edu
Fri Aug 18 21:14:33 EDT 2000

Hello again,
I can't seem to get my TV server to display.  It was working about a month
ago.  The error I get is:

Begin the one true AIPS number 1 (release of 15OCT99) at priority =   0
AIPS 1: You are assigned TV device/server   1
AIPS 1: You are assigned graphics device/server   1
AIPS 1: Enter user ID number
?XASERVERS: Start TV LOCK daemon TVSERV on bluemoon
TVSERVER: Starting AIPS TV locking, Inet domain
XASERVERS: Start XAS on bluemoon, DISPLAY bluemoon:12.0
XAS: ***********************************
XAS: **  No TrueColor found
XAS: **  Resorting to PseudoColor
XAS: ***********************************
XAS: Using screen width height 1142 800, max grey level 196
XAS: ***  Using shared memory option for speed ***
X Error of failed request:  BadAccess (attempt to access private resource
denied)
  Major opcode of failed request:  131 (MIT-SHM)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  1 (X_ShmAttach)
  Serial number of failed request:  22

Any ideas?

Thanks, Andrew

Andrew A. West