[daip] CLCAL problem, seems to be due to UVCOP

Jim Ulvestad julvesta at NRAO.EDU
Sun Aug 20 14:32:02 EDT 2000

So, why is it that when I try to write CL table 2
from CL table 1, using interpol='SELF', instead
of writing CL 2, CLCAL appends something to CL 1
and doesn't give me a new CL table?

This is on ohsumi, disk 2, catalog no. 1, user no. 145.

It looks a bit to me like this happens if I create a file
with UVCOP to get a single frequency out, then run INDXR.
Don't know why it should happen.

If I delete the CL 1 that showed up from UVCOP and make
a new one with INDXR, then run CLCAL with the same inputs
(see below), this time it makes CL 2.

jim

CLCAL inputs:

 AIPS 1: CLCAL     Task to manage SN and CL calibration tables
 AIPS 1: Adverbs         Values            Comments
 AIPS 1: ----------------------------------------------------------------
 AIPS 1: INNAME     'X-BU013C    '          Input UV file name (name)
 AIPS 1: INCLASS    'UVCOP '                Input UV file name (class)
 AIPS 1: INSEQ         1                    Input UV file name (seq. #)
 AIPS 1: INDISK        2                    Input UV file disk unit #
 AIPS 1: SOURCES    *all ' '                Source list to calibrate
 AIPS 1: SOUCODE    '    '                  Source "Cal codes"
 AIPS 1: CALSOUR    *all ' '                Cal sources for calibration
 AIPS 1: QUAL         -1                    Source qualifier -1=>all
 AIPS 1: CALCODE    '    '                  Calibrator code '    '=>all
 AIPS 1: TIMERANG   *all 0                  Time range to calibrate
 AIPS 1: SUBARRAY      0                    Subarray, 0=>all,
 AIPS 1: ANTENNAS   *all 0                  Antennas selected, 0=> all
 AIPS 1: SELBAND      -1                    Bandwidth to select (kHz)
 AIPS 1: SELFREQ      -1                    Frequency to select (MHz)
 AIPS 1: FREQID        1                    Freq. ID to select.
 AIPS 1: OPCODE     '    '                  Operation 'MERG','CALI',
 AIPS 1:                                    'SMOO','CALP'; ' ' => 'CALI'
 AIPS 1: INTERPOL   'SELF'                  Interpolation function,
 AIPS 1:                                    choices are:
 AIPS 1:                                    '2PT','SIMP','AMBG','CUBE',
 AIPS 1:                                    'SELF','POLY','MWF','BOX'
 AIPS 1:                                    see HELP for more details.
 AIPS 1: INTPARM    *all 0                  Interpolation parameters
 AIPS 1: CUTOFF        0                    Interpolation limit in
 AIPS 1:                                    time (min); 0=> no limit.
 AIPS 1: SMOTYPE    '    '                  Data to smooth
 AIPS 1: SNVER         1                    Input SN table, 0=>all.
 AIPS 1: GAINVER       1                    Input Cal table 0=>1
 AIPS 1: GAINUSE       2                    Output CAL table 0=>2
 AIPS 1: REFANT        9                    Reference antenna 0=>pick.
 AIPS 1: BADDISK    *all 0                  Disks to avoid for scratch

CLCAL results
-------------
>go clcal
 CLCAL1: Task CLCAL  (release of 31DEC99) begins
 CLCAL1: You are using a non-standard program
 CLCAL1: Using interpolation mode SELF
 CLCAL1: Processing SN table    1
 AIPS 1: Resumes
> CLCAL1: Adjusting solutions to a common reference antenna =  9
 CLCAL1: SN2CL: Appending new solutions to CL table   1
 CLCAL1: Appears to have ended successfully
 CLCAL1: ohsumi       31DEC99 TST: Cpu=       0.9  Real=       1

>indis 2
>getna 1
 AIPS 1: Got(1)   disk= 2  user= 145   type=UV   X-BU013C.UVCOP.1
>imh
 AIPS 1: Image=MULTI     (UV)         Filename=X-BU013C    .UVCOP .   1
 AIPS 1: Telescope=VLBA               Receiver=VLBA
 AIPS 1: Observer=BU013               User #=  145
 AIPS 1: Observ. date=01-JAN-2000     Map date=15-AUG-2000
 AIPS 1: # visibilities    240147     Sort order  TB
 AIPS 1: Rand axes: UU-L-SIN  VV-L-SIN  WW-L-SIN  TIME1  BASELINE
 AIPS 1:            SOURCE  FREQSEL  INTTIM  GATEID  CORR-ID  WEIGHT
 AIPS 1:            SCALE
 AIPS 1: ----------------------------------------------------------------
 AIPS 1: Type    Pixels   Coord value     at Pixel     Coord incr   Rotat
 AIPS 1: COMPLEX      1   1.0000000E+00       1.00  1.0000000E+00    0.00
 AIPS 1: STOKES       4  -1.0000000E+00       1.00 -1.0000000E+00    0.00
 AIPS 1: FREQ        16   8.4134900E+09       0.56  5.0000000E+05    0.00
 AIPS 1: IF           2   1.0000000E+00       1.00  1.0000000E+00    0.00
 AIPS 1: RA           1    00 00 00.000       1.00       0.000000    0.00
 AIPS 1: DEC          1    00 00 00.000       1.00       0.000000    0.00
 AIPS 1: ----------------------------------------------------------------
 AIPS 1: Coordinate equinox 2000.00
 AIPS 1: Maximum version number of extension files of type FQ is   1
 AIPS 1: Maximum version number of extension files of type HI is   1
 AIPS 1: Maximum version number of extension files of type AT is   1
 AIPS 1: Maximum version number of extension files of type CT is   1
 AIPS 1: Maximum version number of extension files of type OB is   1
 AIPS 1: Maximum version number of extension files of type WX is   1
 AIPS 1: Maximum version number of extension files of type AN is   1
 AIPS 1: Maximum version number of extension files of type CL is   1
 AIPS 1: Maximum version number of extension files of type CQ is   1
 AIPS 1: Maximum version number of extension files of type FG is   1
 AIPS 1: Maximum version number of extension files of type GC is   1
 AIPS 1: Maximum version number of extension files of type IM is   1
 AIPS 1: Maximum version number of extension files of type MC is   1
 AIPS 1: Maximum version number of extension files of type PC is   1
 AIPS 1: Maximum version number of extension files of type SU is   1
 AIPS 1: Maximum version number of extension files of type TY is   1
 AIPS 1: Maximum version number of extension files of type NX is   1
 AIPS 1: Maximum version number of extension files of type SN is   1

Then, this is what happens if I delete CL 1 and run INDXR to make
a new CL 1.

>wait indxr;go clcal
 INDXR1: Appears to have ended successfully
 INDXR1: ohsumi       31DEC99 TST: Cpu=      60.3  Real=      60
 AIPS 1: Task INDXR   has finished
 CLCAL1: Task CLCAL  (release of 31DEC99) begins
 CLCAL1: You are using a non-standard program
 CLCAL1: Using interpolation mode SELF
 CLCAL1: Processing SN table    1
 AIPS 1: Resumes
 CLCAL1: WARNING: SN table    1 has already been applied
> CLCAL1: Adjusting solutions to a common reference antenna =  9
 CLCAL1: SN2CL: Applying SN tables to CL table   1, writing CL table  2
 CLCAL1: Appears to have ended successfully