No subject

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Thu Aug 17 14:56:01 EDT 2000

Colleen Schwartz writes:
 > Dr. Greisen,
 >
 > I have 2 Designated AIP questions (I think that's you?):  I'm trying to

    We prefer if you mail things to daip.  Then they don't sit in any
one person's mailbox while he is on travel.

 > load some stuff in from a DAT tape using FITLD and I keep getting this
 > message:
 >
 > >forrtl: sever (6): infinite format loop, unit -5, file Internal Formatted
 > Write
 >
 > Is this an AIPS input error in FITLD?   Or should I be looking
elsewhere?

    This is an error in FITLD.  Unfortunately, FITLD is the single
largest task in AIPS in lines of code and the error is in the FORMAT
of what I predict is an error message of which there are many
thousands.  Can you send me the output that preceded this error?

 > Also, where can I find the fringe rate output from a former KRING run?  Is
 > that in the SN/CL table from KRING?

   KRING writes and SN table - SNPLT and SNEDT or EDITA can be used to
plot the rates and delays as well as the amp and phase.  PRTAB will
print the table.

What version of aips are you using?