[daip] Pb with tape drive status after installing 15OCT99

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Tue Aug 8 12:00:09 EDT 2000

Jean-Francois Lestrade writes:

 > From: NRAO AIPS Classic <aips at mehari.obspm.fr>
 > To: jean-francois.lestrade at obspm.fr

 >   I have just installed the 15OCT99 vers of AIPS on my Alpha station
 >   using the binary installation. I can start aips.
 >   Unfortunaletly, I cant figure out why my 2 tape drives cannot mount
 >   because of a drive status problem.

   I repeat the remark about using returnable addresses.

I will need to see the message aips generates when it starts up, what
it says on the mount command, and then what it says, for example, on
TPHEAD (if it can get that far).

You should also try some mt commands from the command line outside of
AIPS.  There may actually be a problem with the status at system
level.