[daip] IMLOD

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Tue Apr 18 14:52:13 EDT 2000

You are not using the last and latest AIPS - you are perhaps using
15OCT99 which is the last frozen, "standard" release.  The package
remains under development by our reduced staff.  The FITS file you
sent uses a new FITS keyword EQUINOX rather than the old one EPOCH.
The former, while likely to be adopted, has not officially been
blessed by any FITS committee as yet.  The latter, until EQUINOX takes
over, is actually an IAU standard.  AIPS has read and written EPOCH
since 1980.  In 31DEC99, the current AIPS release, we did change the
FITS readers to accept EQUINOX - on input - as equivalent to EPOCH.
(I just tested that it works by reading your image.)

In any realease of AIPS, you can correct this problem with PUTHEAD.
You might also want to add observation dates etc to the header.