[daip] 31DEC99 install

Shami Chatterjee shami at spacenet.tn.cornell.edu
Fri Apr 14 15:58:56 EDT 2000

Hi:
I decided that I needed to upgrade, so I've just finished building
31DEC99 at Cornell (without errors), and run FILAIP, POPSGN.
My previous install is 15APR99 (registered).

I've changed the VERSION definitions so that TST and CVX point to
31DEC99.

At this point, aips starts up, but reports

AIPS 1: ZOPEN: FILE TSTMEM:MED000000;        NOT FOUND
AIPS 1: DISK PROBLEM   CODES:       2      0

followed by an inability to understand even the exit command.
(Also, XAS fails over shared memory - this is an old problem and I'll
just use my older working XAS instead.)

I took a stab at running SYSETUP:
AIPS% SYSETUP ELLA
SYSETUP: Enter the AIPS manager account name [aipsmgr]: aips
SYSETUP: Enter the AIPS user group name [aipsuser]: Software
SYSETUP: Enter the "master" host name [ella]:
SYSETUP: master = ELLA
SYSETUP: Operating on        1 hosts: ELLA
-> ends without comment;

however, SYSETUP MONK (another machine not the master) fails with
SYSETUP: Creating ERRORS directory for MONK
SYSETUP: ERROR: no template area found for architecture SOL
SYSETUP:        Cannot proceed with host MONK, skipping it

(While ELLA is a SUL, there is no TEMPLATE area under SUL either.)

Questions:
* Is this expected behavior? Or what else do I need to do?
* Also, do I need to register this system in some way?
* Does the cron job have to be enabled before I can proceed?

Thanks for the help.
Shami

 Shami Chatterjee       http://www.nrao.edu/~schatter/
 518 Space Sciences
 Cornell University     Phone: (607) 255 9020
 Ithaca NY 14853        Fax  : (607) 255 8803