[bananas] 31DEC07

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Fri Dec 8 15:51:46 EST 2006

The 31DEC07 release has become our new development version of AIPS.
It may be installed by following the directions to be found at
         http://www.aoc.nrao.edu/aips/
31DEC06 is not yet quite frozen but will turn "slushy" soon.
31DEC05 is still available but only for a few more days.

31DEC07 already contains a significant difference from 31DEC06.  The
pseudo-array processor memory is obtained dynamically rather than
being pre-compiled into each "AP" task.  This means that each task
asks for the memory needed and so should use less disk for large
problems and less memory for small problems.  This is a large enough
change that we chose not to put it into a soon to be frozen version.
It has been tested pretty thoroughly although some attributes have yet
to be understood entirely.

Eric Greisen