[bananas] Announcement from the Random Factory

ppm at nrao.edu ppm at nrao.edu
Mon Sep 14 09:13:29 EDT 1998

I'm forwarding this message from Dave Mills FWIW.  The Linux For Astronomy
disks have a long history of supplying useful Astronomical Software on
CDROM, including AIPS.  Note that the distribution of AIPS from the Random
Factory is different from that supplied by NRAO (we supply a CDROM with
"live" binaries; LfA has the packages in compressed form to maximise the
amount of s/w available on each disk).

If you wish to ask questions about the Random Factory and/or the Linux for
Astronomy disks, please contact Dave Mills at his earthlink address
below.  I had some problems with the rf2.randomfactory.com address.

				- Pat Murphy

Usual disclaimer: NRAO has no official connection with the Random Factory;
this announcement is merely forwarded to bananas members due to its
relevance to Radio Astronomy and Astronomical Software.

------- start of forwarded message (RFC 934 encapsulation) -------