[bananas] Summary of recent alt.sci.astro.aips activity

Pat Murphy ppm at nrao.edu
Tue Dec 8 09:52:25 EST 1998

Greetings.  Many of you know that there is a USENET newsgroup devoted to
AIPS in the "alt" hierarchy.  It's been pretty much moribund for years,
apart from announcements of recent AIPS releases and patches.  However, in
the past few days there's been a flurry of activity in it, and rather than
forward each individual message, I'm creating a digest for banana readers'
perusal.  Where text from the original message is quoted in full in a
followup, I just show the followup.  I've also substituted my real e-mail
address for the "nospam" account I use for posting to usenet.

				- Pat

----- begin message #1 -----