AIPS 15APR97 release

Gustaaf Van Moorsel gvanmoor at aoc.nrao.edu
Tue May 6 15:44:32 EDT 1997

Due to delays in the in-orbit checkout of the HALCA/VSOP Space VLBI
mission we have decided to postpone the 15APR97 release of AIPS to
the summer of 1997.   This release contains a large number of new
applications in support of Space VLBI data reduction and we feel it
is more scientifically useful to release this particular version of
AIPS when it has undergone at least one complete set of tests using
real VSOP data.  Further in-orbit checkout data are now expected in
late May, and an announcement of the new release date will be made
as soon as possible.  The name of the release will be unchanged:
15APR97.  Please direct any enquiries regarding the release date to
Gustaaf van Moorsel (gvanmoor at nrao.edu).

On behalf of the AIPS group,

Gustaaf van Moorsel